Tuesday, March 22, 2011

To blog or not to blog...

I am considering starting a blog.  Well...clearly it has gone beyond that point.  I am considering keeping and updating this blog which I just started tonight.  I never thought of myself as the "blogger" type, but it seems I have developed a habit of creeping onto others' blogs with a fascination at this glimpse into their lives.  With my own blog, this behavior may be justified.  Plus now I have this really cute kid and this would provide me with one more outlet to use as a proud Mommy.  :)

This is reminiscent of the days of Xanga..remember xanga?  After high school, my really great friends and I all chose different colleges to attend, and xanga really helped to keep us connected with each other.  Then facebook came along and xanga went by the wayside.  So now I see this new opportunity to keep in touch with those I love and share what is going on in my life.  I try with phone calls and emails...I really do.  But let's face it - we're busy people.  I do not want my blog to replace phone calls and emails, but it may serve as a place to share the day-to-day details that get forgotten in those phone calls that come too far apart.

Consider this my trial run in the world of blogging ladies and gentlemen.  My posts may seem goofy; my title undoubtedly cheesy; my layout plain and my design lacking.  Cut me some slack - I'll learn the ropes.  Or I will abandon all efforts and send the whole operation to lay beside my xanga page in cyber cemetery (HappyJones I believe?)

In the meantime, I know one tactic that is sure to win rave reviews:



No comments:

Post a Comment